Reporting To: PC Lab Supervisor
Department/Division: Digital Forensics
Main Purpose/Job Summary: Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine analysis tasks.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned.
- Analysing exhibits in accordance with CCL-Forensics’ procedures
- Utilising CCL’s case management system to effectively manage and record time and notes on projects to preserve TRTs and maintain a high level of productivity
- Off-site imaging and triaging
- Writing witness statements, reports and generating data to a standard that can be presented in court
- Communicating any case specific technical details to officers, coordinators and management
- Pro-actively acquiring forensic knowledge to maintain up to date processes within the laboratory
- Adhering to and assisting with all obtained ISO standards and audits
Required Skill Set & Experience:
To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sound understanding of current ACPO guidelines and Forensic Regulator’s requirements (ISO17025)
- Ability to work with precision and accuracy, with high attention to detail
- Computer literate
- Ability to work independently and make sound and reasoned judgements
- Sound analytical and interpretation skills.
Degree level qualification (2:2 or above) BSc in an IT related field; Computer Science or Digital Forensics degrees are desirable
HND/HNC & 1 -> 3 years’ experience in digital forensics
Core Role Competencies:
- Positive and motivated attitude
- Confident communicator
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Conscientious and reliable
- Solution focused
- Excellent social skills
Competencies (some or all of these MAY be assessed during the process)
- Excellent level of knowledge of standard operating procedures to pass competency test
- Good level of technical knowledge
- Good level of knowledge of CCL’s case management system
- Effective Communication
- Personal Awareness
- Personal Effectiveness
- Problem Solving
- Team Working
- Accuracy of work
- High attention to detail
Other Role Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years UK residency
- Full driving licence
- Satisfactorily pass pre-hire and annual security clearance procedures in accordance with the ACPO (Association of Chief Police Officers) National Vetting Scheme.
CCL is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.